It’s hard to find data that paints a complete picture of how expensive a data breach can be. The true cost of being hacked includes many different factors, from the price of investigation to reputation damage and lost customers. DefenseStorm has scoured the internet to compile stats that show the true economic cost of a hack, including:
- Cost Per Compromised Record For Financial Companies: $259
- Lost Business Costs in 2015; $3.72 million
- Average Yearly Salary Of A Security Engineer: $92,000 per year
- Savings Enjoyed by Deploying DefenseStorm: $3.7 million
- Total Average Cost of a Data Breach: $6.53 million
These staggering figures, and more, are available in our free infographic, Economic Cost of Getting Hacked - Click on the right to download the full picture.